Kunyit Asam, a Woman Best Friend"Abdominal pain during period often present uncomfortable problems in daily women’s activities. Even it won’t let them sit comfortably. The nagging pain just won’t go, no matter of what you do. And worse still, it’s all coupled with acne and pain during PMS. If you feel the same and want to relieve the pain, try this jamu kunyit asam. "
Published by : Kurnia HD - 30/06/2020 11:55 WIB
3 Minutes read.
It has been proven that kunyit (turmeric) has medicinal properties. This widely available spice can solve to your problems as well. You can use it for body and beauty care. Until now, royal princesses in Java are still being massaged with a paste mixed with kunyit to give their skin a golden glow. In addition, kunyit also helps to relieve pain before and during period.
Quoted from halodoc.com, kunyit has analgesic properties that reduce pain in some parts of the body. Moreover, the curcumin in kunyit is also effective in inhibiting the production of the hormone prostaglandin which causes inflammation and pain during period. Curcumin also functions as an anti-inflammatory agent to soothe stomach cramps due to contractions in the uterine and intestinal muscles during period. Beforehand, in the early period phase, women often experience PMS (Pre-Menstruation Syndrome) which causes fever or acne. Kunyit is also effective in overcoming this problem. Kunyit can increase endurance, so that it can minimize fever or acne growth during PMS.
So, there are many benefits of turmeric. If you happen to have the same above period pain symptoms, jamu kunyit asam will definitely be useful for reducing pain before or during menstruation. Let’s see how to make it.
- 85 g turmeric, peel
- 45 g asam/tamarind
- 70-80 g gula Jawa/palm sugar
- 750 ml of water
- Salt, about 2 pinches
How to make:
- Grate or blender turmeric. Note: If you are going to blender it, cut it into small pieces first.
- Strain the turmeric into a saucepan.
- Boil turmeric, tamarind, palm sugar, and salt
- The boiling process is approximately 5 minutes or until the water is boiling. Sometimes you need to stir it, so that the ingredients mix well.
- Turn off the stove.
- Strain the water into a glass.
- Let stand for a moment so that it is slightly warmer
- Optionally, you can add ice cubes if you want it to be fresher
You can also check the tutorial videos for making other jamu on the Jamupedia TV YouTube channel.