2 Simple Ways to Grow Kelor at Home"Better to prevent than to cure. We have heard this wise saying since elementary school. Unfortunately, it’s easier to say than to do. The benefits of daun kelor (Moringa leaves) that have been discussed in @jamupedia can cure several health complaints. This 'medicine' tree is easy to grow in your garden."
Published by : Kurnia HD - 10/08/2020 08:42 WIB
2 Minutes read.
Kelor (Moringa) will generally grow better at an altitude of 300-500 meters above sea level. This native Himalayas plant can grow in hot areas, according to the climate in our country, Indonesia. Kelor can grow up to 12 meters in height. Kelor tree has many easily broken trunks. There are many benefits of kelor tree, so it’s a good idea to include Moringa as one of the plants you should plant at home.
If you don’t have land to plant kelor, you can plant it in a pot. You can grow kelor in two methods. The first is by taking kelor seeds for sowing and the second by means of stem cuttings. For more details, please see the description below.
A. Seeding from kelor seeds
- Choose kelor seeds that look good and healthy for planting.
- Dry the seeds in the sun for one day. Next, move the seeds to a shadier area.
- Prepare polybags or make beds in the yard.
- Sowing is done in the shade.
- Water regularly, but avoid over-watering.
B. Growing by stem cuttings
- Choose a stalk 3-5 cm in diameter.
- Cut a stalk of kelor approximately 30-50 cm.
- Cut the stalk horizontally to grow more roots.
- Plant using polybags or directly in shady soil beds.
- Water regularly and avoid over-watering.
Tim Penyusun PT Trubus Swadaya. 100 Plus Herbal Indonesia: Bukti Ilmiah & Racikan. PT Trubus Swadaya. Depok.