5 Variations of Delicious Katuk Leaf Food Recipes: The Breast Milk Booster “Kue Daun Katuk”
Published by : administrator - 31/05/2020 14:00 WIB
2 Minutes read.
The last choice for this food recipe list is katuk leaf cake. Most of us often eat flour-based cakes, right? Well, now you will try another one. Only this time you’d include daun katuk (Sauropus androgynus, known as sweet leave or star gooseberry) which taste no less delicious than other cakes. Here’s how to make it.
Image source: youtube.com
- 125 g rice flour
- 3 tbsp tapioca flour
- 250 ml coconut milk
- 100 g chicken meat
- 100 gr katuk leaves (puree)
- 1 lemongrass (crushed)
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 2 pieces of lime leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 5 shallots
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp roasted coriander
- ¼ tsp cumin, roasted
- 1 tsp brown sugar
How to make:
- Fillings: Sauté ground spices, lemongrass stalks and lime leaves until fragrant. Add chicken, coconut milk, salt and pepper. Cook until the spices are absorbed. Add katuk leaves and cook for a while then remove
- Wrapper: Mix rice flour with tapioca flour and salt. Pour in coconut milk and mix well. Add salt and stir again. Cook until it becomes a formable dough. Flatten the dough 0.2 cm thick. Cut in circle shapes in 6 cm diameter each.
- Take a sheet of wrapper
- Place it on the cutting board
- Add 1 tablespoon of sautéed katuk leaves then cover with another sheet of wrapper
- Glue the edges of the cake by twisting the edge like a pastel. Do it until the wrappers and fillings used up.
- Put the cakes on banana leaves
- Steam for 15 minutes or until cooked
- Your katuk cake is ready to serve
Cookpad: Rolade daun katuk. Trie Puji. https://cookpad.com/id/resep/4289822-rolade-daun-katuk (Diakses pada 12 Mei 2020)