5 Variations of Delicious Katuk Leaf Food Recipes: The Breast Milk Booster "Bobor Katuk Podomoro""It is undeniable that katuk leaves are a source of high milk production. Unfortunately, breastfeeding mothers are reluctant to consume them due to monotonous processing. For this reason, Jamupedia summarizes some yummy katuk leaf food recipes to try at home! "
Published by : administrator - 31/05/2020 13:58 WIB
2 Minutes read.
Generally, this bobor vegetables soup consists of various kinds of vegetables such as cassava leaves, spinach, mustard greens, pumpkin leaves and many others. You can also add other variations of vegetables as you wish. However, if you are breastfeeding and need to increase breast milk production, katuk (Sauropus androgynus, also known as star gooseberry or sweet leave) leaves is the right choice.
Image source: cookpad.com
Here’s how to make it.
- 1 bunch of katuk leaves
- 500 gr beef ribs
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cm galangal (crushed)
- 2 green tomatoes (cut into pieces)
- 2 potatoes (diced)
- 1 slice of tempeh (diced)
- 100 gr carrots (diced)
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1000 cc meat broth or water (as needed)
- 1 tsp coriander
- 7 shallots
- 3 cloves of garlics
- 5 candlenuts
- 1 cm kencur/aromatic ginger (Kaempferia galangal)
- Salt and sugar to taste
How to make:
- Boil water and beef ribs until soft
- Sauté ground spices and bay leaves until fragrant
- Add the tomatoes and stir until wilted
- Pour into the beef rib stew
- Put in the tempeh, potatoes and carrots
- After a little half cooked put in the katuk leaves
- Cook until the spices are absorbed and cooked
- Enjoy the yummy bobor katuk podomoro
Widyanti, Elok. 2015. Tanaman Untuk Pelancar Asi di Sekitar Kita. Tawangmangu: Balai Besar Penelitian dan Pengembangan Tanaman Obat dan Obat tradisional