Bunga Telang Series (7): The Chewy and Savory Bunga Telang Klepon"Klepon is a traditional food or is often referred to as jajanan pasar (lit. market food). Klepon is made from sticky rice which is shaped like small balls and covered with grated coconut. It contains sugar which when chewed will give off a sweet, savory and soft sensation. Then how if you combine klepon with bunga telang? Here’s how you make it."
Published by : administrator - 02/12/2020 11:31 WIB
2 Minutes read.
Hearing the term klepon mentioned, you probably will immediately imagine a cluster of round greed-colored Javanese traditional snacks. This green color seems to be the trademark color of klepon. But actually, it’s fine if you want to make a klepon with other colors. Even if you want to vary the fillings, you may swap the sugar with chocolate, strawberry, pineapple, grape, or other stuffing.
This time Jamupedia likes to share the recipe for the bunga telang klepon. Because there is a telang ingredient, you may have guessed the colors. Yes, that’s right, you got savory and chewy klepon with the characteristic blue bunga telang.
Along with the lovely color, telang flowers also have benefits for absorbing oil in the face, regulating thyroid hormone activity, helping to ward off free radicals, maintaining bone health and many others. So, list this bunga telang klepon as one of your healthy recipes collection. Here’s how you make bunga telang klepon.
- 1 handful of dried bunga telang
- 250 gr glutinous rice flour
- 50 gr rice flour
- 100 gr brown sugar, fine comb
- 300 ml of water
- ½ coconut flesh (medium old)
- ¼ tsp salt
- Enough water
How to make:
- Boil the bunga telang with water.
- Grate the coconut flesh, squeeze the milk and add salt. Steam for 15 minutes.
- Mix the rice flour, sticky rice. Mix well.
- Pour the bunga telang water little by little.
- Knead the dough until it can be rolled up.
- Take the dough, fill it with brown sugar filling, make it round klepon.
- Boil the klepon, wait for it to float and then drain.
- Apply grated coconut
- klepon ready to serve.
Also find other interesting information in the following articles: